THE BIG IRON V2
THE ULTIMATE MODERN FAT BIKE.
The bike that won Outside Magazine Best Fat Bike of 2020 just got even better! Built around 27.5” fat bike wheels with clearance for up to 27.5×4.5” or 26×5” tires, this modern titanium steed will be your trusty companion on any snow or soft-surface endeavor. The crew at Why goes way back to the early days of fat biking in Alaska, and the Big Iron is the culmination of years of fat biking experience combined with modern design features, and an engineering oversight to optimize Why’s titanium tubing to the rigorous riding the Big Iron is made for. The V2 sees some updates to slightly more progressive geometry and a new UDH hanger to future-proof this bike even more.
Named after the the famous Marty Robbins song, the Big Iron is designed to be a tool to get the job done. Whether its a short weekend jaunt on the local groomed single track or an epic 1100 mile journey across Alaska, the modern geometry, stiff-yet-supple titanium frame, and lifetime warranty make this a bike you’ll be proud to take anywhere that requires big tires. Would you like to see some custom built Big Irons?
Quite possibly one of the most beautiful fat bike frames available with a killer geo spec to boot! The FBC crew gets a little giddy every time one of these dreamy bikes gets built up in the shop.
See Our build kits pricing in the description and call to reserve your build for this season as we are receiving frames and parts now!
BIG IRON V2 FRAME SPECS
- Headset Integrated standard 42mm upper cup, 52mm lower cup
- Bottom Bracket Threaded 100mm BSA standard
- Axle Spacing Boost 12mm x 197mm
- Dropouts 12mm Thru Axle, 1.75 thread pitch, adjustable sliding and belt drive compatible
- Bottle Mounts – Bottle mounts on seat tube, top of down tube, bottom of downtube. Third bottle hole mount on downtube for accessory mounting
- Rack Mounts – All standard rack and fender mounts
- Seatpost – 31.6mm
- Seat clamp – 34.9mm
- Brake – Max 180mm rear w/adapter, direct mount standard
- Clearance – Max 27.5 x 4.5″ tires, 26 x 5.0″ tires or 29 x 3.0″
- Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH)
FBC 2022 Why Build Pricing
Big Iron Frame Only $3399
Big Iron Frame with ENVE Carbon Fork, Cane Creek Headset + Seat Collar $3999
Big Iron Frame with ENVE Carbon Fork, CC Headset + HED BAD 27.5 Wheelset
$5499 – Special $5299
Big Iron with GX Eagle Build Kit/Fatback Big SU Wheels $6599
Big Iron with XO1 Eagle Build Kit $7299 (Sold Out 2022)