RMB Suzi Q -30
Check out the latest evolution in Fat bikes with the new Rocky Mountain 2017 Suzi Q. Could this be the ultimate year round fat platform? Fat enough to take a 27.5 x 65mm wheel and up to 4.2 tires but with new narrow q-angle (width of crank arms) so it can feel more like a plus tire mountain bike with less resulting knee strain. New geometries and tire sizes have brought together the perfect combination for year round fat riders in all but the deepest soft snow conditions or those who still prefer the largest 5″ tire platforms. 27.5 will offer lower rolling resistance while maintaining a larger contact patch for better grip and tracking in snow. See the evolution in plus bike/fat bike starting and the Suzi Q is the first to break the barrier of a true all season ride on one wheel platform. Suzi Q -30 order deliveries expected October 2016 and is sure to be one of the hottest fat bikes this year for the year round rider
New Rocky Mountain Suzi Q throws a wrench in the narrative of slow, plodding Fat Bikes. Its lightweight carbon frame, narrow Q-factor, and next
generation geometry excel in Fat Bike racing and soft-conditions singletrack. Go fast, stay fat.
• Full carbon and aluminum models available
• 192mm Q-factor is 20mm narrower than standard Fat Bike to improve pedaling performance and comfort
• 27.5×3.8 tires for improved rollover and lower rotating weight
• Fits up to 27.5×4.2 tires (when available, with safe clearance from 770mm x 104mm)
• Next generation Fat Bike geometry is longer, slacker, and more agile
• Integrated chainstay protector and downtube protector
• Di2 electronics-compatible with internal stealth battery port
• Full carbon monocoque fork on -90°, -70°, and -50° models
• Lightweight bolt-on axles save 100g per bike compared to a Maxle
• Suspension compatible. A 100mm Bluto at 20% sag maintains the ideal stock geometry
• Two bottle cages on the fork, plus two in the front triangle
• Front triangle Rivnuts for custom, bolt-on frame bags (not included)
• 1x specific
• Stealth dropper post compatible
• Internal cable housing
• PressFit BB107 bottom bracket, ZS44|56 headset, 177mm rear axle spacing
• Sizing: S/M/L/XL
The Suzi Q has a stable and balanced ride that still feels agile, thanks to super short chainstays and a lengthened reach. During the
bike’s design and testing phases we evaluated a wide variety of geometry and offset combinations to hone its steering dynamics.
The result is a bike without any of the “autosteer” instability that plagues other Fat Bike.
We worked with Maxxis to design a high performance 27.5×3.8 tire and wheel system. Compared to a traditional 26×4 ”race fat”
system, our 27.5×3.8 tires have a larger outer diameter. That means better rollover performance and plenty of traction, without the
added weight and rolling resistance of 26×5 systems. In ski terms, 26×4 tires are traditional camber skis, and the larger diameter
27.5×3.8 tires are early rise tips. No, 27.5×3.8 tires won’t let you carve turns in waist-deep powder, but they do roll up over soft snow
Designed specifically to have a narrow Q-factor, pedaling the Suzi Q is more efficient and comfortable than traditional Fat Bike.
Whether you’re racing the 1,000-mile Alaskan Iditarod Trail Invitational or going for a quick rip on your local singletrack, the result is a
more natural ride feel with less fatigue and knee strain.
• Smoothwall™ carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to build frames with industry leading stiffnessto-weight,
ride quality, and durability. By using rigid internal molds, we are able to perfect the shape of the internal features and
eliminate excess materials. We use different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while
minimizing overall weight.
• RMB™ 6061 SL alloy tubesets are triple butted for lighter weight and better ride quality. RMB 6061 SL tubesets use quality
materials to meet our strict requirements.