Fatback Skookum NX1 Eagle
The Skookum from Fatback Bikes, the new do it all mountain bike! The Skookum features ultra short chainstays of 431mm to tuck up to a full 4.8″ tire on 100mm as close to the BB as possible. This makes for super handling in tight and twisty trails or tricky descents. Built in full carbon construction and featuring a tapered inset headset, the Skookum is stiff and light and ready to take on any trail in any season. The Sram NX1 Eagle build features the Sram NX1 1×12 drivetrain, The new lighter weight, tubeless ready Big Su Wheelset, big Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.8″ rubber and now features the top performing Manitou Mastadon Fat suspension fork.
Ordering your Fatback with Fat Bikes Canada
At Fat Bikes Canada your Skookum can be ordered with a wide selection of tires including the new 45NRTH Wrathchild 4.6 Studded. All Fatback Bikes are hand built in store for pick up, personally delivered to you in Ontario, or shipped to you to be built by a shop near you. Call for details 844-464-BIKE (2453)
We Guarantee the best price, service and advice on your Fat Bike purchases across the Great White North!
Other Builds Available – See Fatback Bikes Website for Specs
Ed the Moose (on the phones at 844-464-BIKE(2453)
- NX1 EAGLE Mastadon Pro $4950 (MY21)
- GX1 EAGLE Mastadon Pro/PNW Dropper $6050
- XO1 EAGLE Mastadon Pro/ PNW Dropper $7550
– We have the largest selection of Fat Bike Tires in Canada and know the best to spec for each type of rider and condition. Our on-site trail system allows us to test each tire on multiple rims and pressures right out our door in a variety of snow conditions (We’re located in the Snow Belt!). We offer tires from Terrene, 45NRTH, Maxxis, Surly, Schwalbe and Kenda.
– Not every rider fancy the brake spec of every stock build so if you want better stopping power out of the box on your build we offer a good selection of brake upgrades from SRAM, Shimano and Hope to swap into your bike build.
– Custom fat bike wheels are our specialty and 100’s of sets have run through our local wheel builders hands. On any build you can opt for a custom wheelset from our selection of rims from Foundation (our in house carbon), HED, Lythic, Stan’s and hubs from Hope, DT Swiss, Onyx and Industry Nine.
– Personalizing your build comes down to the cockpit and ensuring it fits you best. These are your touch points and also a great way to personalize your ride. We offer a large selection and colors in handlebars, stems, seatposts (dropper options), saddles, grips and right down to the pedals. Why settle for off the shelf when you can have your bike built the way you want it with parts from your authorized dealer for Raceface, Chromag, Hope, ENVE and Many More!
Bags & Racking
– We also offer a wide selection of racks and bike packing accessories from Oveja Negra, Salsa, Relevate and Arkel with special order color and custom frame bag options!
Ed the Moose (on the phones at 844-464-BIKE)
THE “ANY MOUNTAIN” BIKE.
We would love to say we designed the Skookum to be our “Quiver Killer”, but what fun would that be? We really designed it to be N+1, with the hopes that it will be the bike you pull off the rack first. We took the things we love best about our favorite mountain bikes; agility, speed and sexy lines, and combined those with the amazing capabilities of a 26″ X 4.8″ tire; traction, stability, flotation, and comfort.
With all of our desires written on sticky notes (exhausting our supply of sticky notes), the Skookum was born. Designed around a 120mm travel fork and internally routed dropper post, it has an integrated down tube and chain stay protectors, a 197mm through axle, and clearance for narrow Q Factor cranks (for a fat bike). Now it’s just time to dream about the parts we going to use to build it up.
- Chinook color – White/Black / Red
- Tapered Head Tube
- Optimized for 1X drive trains
- 31.6mm Seatpost Internal dropper post routing
- Clearance for 4.8″ tires on 100mm rims
- Accommodates 27.5+ and 29+ tires
- Integrated down tube and Chain stay adaptors
|A. Effective Top Tube
|B. Seat Tube Length
|C. Head Tube Length
|D. Chain Stay Length
|Head Tube Angle
|Seat Tube Angle