45NRTH Dillinger 5 Studless Tire
If your Canadian and own a Fat Bike your riding in the winter, in snow and very typically that means ICE. The Dillinger 4 and 5 are those tires for Canadian winters and ideally staying upright when encountering an icy section of trail. The first time you take a “hipper” you will want Dillingers. The price might hurt more than the fall but you will ride more and the pain will go away after you tear through trails and lakes with potential icy sections with only a big grin on your face (this feeling will happen for years because winter tires used in winter last many seasons). These are the best all round studded tire hands down. If your on the fence, realize that when you find out you want these things they will likely be out of stock everywhere.
DILLINGER 5 FAT BIKE TIRE
Size: 26 x 4.6″
Studs: Custom studdable version – 258 stud locations
SOFTEN YOUR RIDE. TUNE YOUR TRACTION.
The larger cousin of the original studded fat bike tire. 258 lightweight studs with concave carbide tips and aluminum bases allow you to rail icy, off-camber single track with confidence and control. The Dillinger 5 floats on top of loose snow and digs while turning, accelerating or braking on ice and packed snow. Tightly spaced center treads roll fast and do not let Dillinger’s unparalleled traction get in the way.
Updated 45NRTH Dillinger 5 for 2019!
- Tread has been updated with larger side lugs for improved cornering
- Updated tubeless bead for easier set up on a wider range of rim profiles
- Lowest rolling resistance studdable tire available in a 4.6″ width
- Large volume full traction winter fat bike tire
- The ultimate 4.6” fat bike tire provides a large footprint for deep snowy off-track conditions
and for icy trail stability
- Featuring 258 carbide studs pockets for inserting your choice of carbide stud.
- Concave profile studs provides more working edges on each stud for added traction and rider
- Studless tire performs excellent on dry conditions, or can be custom setup with Regular or XL Stud Kits from 45NRTH or Terrene.
- Updated folding tubeless bead / 120 tpi